Tuesday 7 May 2013

Met Gala 2013: My Favourite Looks Of The Night

As you will no doubt already know, the annual Costume Institute Gala (Met Gala) took place in New York last night to celebrate the opening of this year's Punk themed exhibition. The Met Gala's red carpet gives its attendees the opportunity to pull out all the stops in the wardrobe department. Whilst some struggled with the theme, others embraced it to the max. I wanted to share my favourite looks of the night with you, whether prim or punk.
 
 
 
I do believe in the term "save the best till last", however in this circumstance, it can't wait! Fashion risk taker and trend-setter Sarah Jessica Parker fully embraced the night's theme in a custom paint-splattered, gold leafed gown by Giles (one of my favourite looks from his Autumn/Winter 2013 collection), a custom bejeweled mohawk headpiece by Philip Treacy, custom velvet tartan thigh highs by Christian Louboutin and Fred Leighton jewels. Sarah Jessica's look was truly breathtaking. It was remarkably exciting and inspiring; not to mention completely creative and fun! She has such knowledge and fashion savviness I find to be so energizing. Easily my best dressed of the night.
 

 

 
Whilst Jennifer's look was more prim than punk, I believe she has never looked better. Embodying her inner screen siren in a vintage inspired, jewel encrusted Christian Dior gown, birdcage veil, Brian Atwood "Shina" heels and teardrop stud earrings, Jennifer looked super chic and sophisticated. This is without doubt my favourite Jennifer Lawrence look to date. The flared skirt accentuates her gorgeous curves and the timeless makeup highlights her flawless complexion. Pure perfection!
 
 
 
Since showing her fashion savviness during the promo tour of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, I have always kept my eye on Rooney Mara for her red carpet choices. Her soft yet strong style instantly appealed to me for its contemporary originality and dark undertones. As a co-chair, Rooney made sure she would impress in a lacey and low-cut Givenchy Haute Couture gown with matching shark tooth strappy sandals. I find the accentuated shoulder to bust frill and zip detailing particularly flattering on Rooney's figure. The dark berry lip colour finishes off the look perfectly.

There were some outstanding looks on the red carpet at last night's Met Gala. Others that come to mind for me include: Alexa Chung, Blake Lively, Carine Roitfeld, Christina Ricci, Diane Kruger, Julianne Moore, Kate Bosworth, Michelle Williams and Sienna Miller. I would love to know your favourites. Please let me know in the comments below.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment