Monday 27 May 2013

Carine Roitfeld Styles (And Stars In) Givenchy's Autumn/Winter 2013 Campaign

All Images © Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott/Givenchy
 
As I was catching up on all the latest news in the world of fashion this past Thursday, a certain story took me by surprise and filled me with joy. The story I speak of is the release of Givenchy's upcoming Autumn/Winter campaign styled by and starring none other than Carine Roitfeld! Carine looks absolutely outstanding alongside her daughter Julia modelling a plaid and rose buttoned blouse with a rose printed peplum and chiffon pencil skirt. The all-in-the-family themed campaign also stars Hollywood actress Amanda Seyfried (the new face of Very Irresistible), Spanish actor Quim Gutiérrez and models Dalianah Arekion and Mariano Ontanon. Riccardo Tisci, Givenchy's creative director has dubbed the campaign's stars as: “ real gypsies in their own lives. They are never in one place. They travel the world.” I love his statement and find it to be such a clever analysis of the campaign.
 
As you know, Givenchy's gypsy inspired Autumn/Winter collection was one of my favourite shows of fashion week and this ad campaign is already an early favourite of mine. I can only describe it to you as totally awesome! Carine looks effortlessly cool and fully embodies the heart of the collection (through this collection, you can easily identify her as Tisci's muse), and her styling is original, edgy and  fresh.  I also like how photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott have captured each personality in an intimate setting. I can't wait to see this campaign featured in the international editions of Vogue this September.
 
Are you a huge fan of Givenchy's upcoming campaign like myself? Let me know in the comments below.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment