Friday 3 May 2013

Balenciaga Autumn/Winter 2013 Campaign Sneak Peek

As you may already know, I was so impressed with Alexander Wang's debut collection for Balenciaga so when the first image from the forthcoming campaign was released on Tuesday, It's fair to say that I fell in love with the collection even more. In the cinematic shot by Steven Klein, model  Kristen McMenamy averts in a classic cocoon coat and petal skirt. To convey emotion and create atmosphere, the campaign colours have been kept to a gloomy grayscale, creating mystery and intrigue. What I love about this campaign is its simplicity. The styling is super chic and the paneled walls add depth creating a rather striking image. I find myself thinking of Alfred Hitchcock heroines and their impeccable style when glancing at this campaign. It's a far cry from the vibrant and visually compelling campaigns of Nicolas Ghesquière, Marie-Amélie Sauvé and Steven Meisel but it's exciting to identify Alexander Wang’s vision for the house.

                 © Steven Klein/Balenciaga
 
In other news, Alexander Wang is alleged to be taking Julianne Moore to the Met Gala for Balenciaga. This is so exciting to me. I have long been a fan of Julianne Moore for her acting ability and style kudos so the chance she could be pioneering Balenciaga by Alexander Wang for the first time and maybe becoming a face for the brand is simply amazing! With the power of an online face swapping tool, I have put together a range of looks from Autumn/Winter 2013 that I think would look great on Julianne for the Met Ball. What do you think?


Are you excited at the chance that Julianne Moore could become the face of Balenciaga in the near future? Let me know in the comments below.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment