Wednesday 20 February 2013

Girly Meets Goth At LFW: A/W 2013

I've been loving the mixture of textures designers have been showing for this upcoming season. We've seen everything from feathers to furs, and tulle to taffeta. I've also been seeing a girly meets goth style emerging.

Someone who usually steers well clear of black in favour of colour and print - Erdem, showed us that he has definately crossed over to the dark side with his collection. In a collection largley dominated by black, I liked how he introduced baby pink to soften the black and break it up a little. We also saw black and baby pink used in a gothic way at Giles. Two looks I particularly liked were the high collared, tie-dye-esque gowns overlaid with metallic gold feathers and tulle. The embroidery on one almost looked like an oil slick dripping from the neck - I loved it!





















































No comments:

Post a Comment