Tuesday 26 February 2013

Spectacular In Seafoam: The Carrie Diaries vs Sex And The City

 
I have been totally addicted to the new CW show The Carrie Diaries. The Carrie Diaries follows a young Carrie Bradshaw during her junior year of high school in 1984, and explores her life at home in Castlebury, Connecticut and her life in New York City where she undertakes an internship.
 
AnnaSophia Robb perfectly embodies the character of Carrie Bradshaw. She's likeable, relatable, unlucky in love, a little quirky and completely fabulous. As a fan of Sex And The City and Sarah Jessica Parker's Carrie, this couldn't make me happier!
 
I thought AnnaSophia's Carrie was so reminiscent of Sarah Jessica's Carrie in last night's episode of The Carrie Diaries. Her magnificently poofy seafoam green winter dance dress was so reminiscent of Sex And The City Carrie's iconic seafoam green tutu gown she ran around Paris in during the series finale. This has always been my favourite Carrie look, and I was ecstatic to see AnnaSophia's Carrie rocking the same shade and style. This is easily my favourite Carrie Diaries look so far. I can't wait to see future looks and hope we see more comparisons.
 
 
 

 
 
                    The Carrie Diaries © The CW Network                                               Sex And The City © HBO
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment