Thursday 18 April 2013

Mad About Mustard

Since purchasing this mustard jumper at the start of the year, I have slowly been introducing more items of this shade into my wardrobe, especially for the summer.
 
When I saw these Asos chino style shorts I knew I had to have them. Not only for the colour, but also for the price tag. They were down from £22.00 to £8.00 - such a steal! These shorts are such a keepsake and make a great addition to my spring/summer wardrobe. I had been looking for the perfect pair of shorts for quite some time. I like my shorts fitted on the shorter side as I find this style looks a little dressier and more put together compared to the longer, slouchier style. As these shorts fall in this catagory, they fulfill all my needs!
 
Using these shorts, a tan skinny belt and tan suede shoes as a base, I created 5 different looks by swapping out my top and changing the style.

The Basic Tee



 
   
 H&M Oxblood Tee | Ebay Tan Skinny Belt | Asos Mustard Chino Shorts | Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch | Burton Tan Suede Shoes
 

Polka Dot



 
Burton Polka Dot Shirt | Ebay Tan Skinny Belt | Asos Mustard Chino Shorts | Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch | Burton Tan Suede Shoes

 

Ikat

 
 
 
Asos Jade Ikat Shirt | Ebay Tan Skinny Belt | Asos Mustard Chino Shorts | Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch | Burton Tan Suede Shoes
 

The Denim Shirt

 
 
 
Zara Studded Denim Shirt |  Ebay Tan Skinny Belt | Asos Mustard Chino Shorts | Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch | Burton Tan Suede Shoes
 

Mustard On Mustard

 
 
Burton Mustard Jumper | Zara Studded Denim Shirt | Ebay Tan Skinny Belt | Asos Mustard Chino Shorts | Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch | Burton Tan Suede Shoes
 
 
As you can see, if you have one great versatile piece as a base, you can create a variety of different looks without fail.
 
I hope you liked seeing how I styled these versatile beauties. I would love to know your thoughts. Which look is your favourite? Would you like to see more lookbooks in the future? Have you got a favourite spring/summer item or shade? Please let me know in the comments below.
 
Thanks for reading.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment