Wednesday 26 June 2013

Wish To Wear: Haider Ackermann Spring/Summer 2014 Menswear

I have sadly felt a little disappointed with the menswear shows so far this week. While there have been some truly standout original pieces on show, a lot of what I've seen has failed to grab my attention, feeling tired and a little drab. That was until Haider Ackermann presented "men's wardrobe", his second outing into menswear since 2010. Feeling fantastically fresh, all the Ackermann trademarks were on show; buttonless jackets, kimono constructions, dropped crotches, silk satins and luchious layers. A highlight for me has to be the silk satin blazers. They fit impeccably and look effortlessly cool over the semi-sheer tanks. I also love the mixture of dandiness and edginess where the tailored and tapered trousers meet the slouchy bommer style jackets. These looks are particularly strong and feel so fresh. It's easy to see why Haider Ackermann is one of the most respected designers when he produces collections as strong as this. I find this collection so exciting and original and wish I could wear it all!

Here are some of my favourite looks from the collection.

 





















        





















 



Are you happy Haider Ackermann decided to return to menswear? Do you find yourself wishing to wear this collection? If so, please let me know in the comments below.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment